8 Ways to Invest in Yourself
1. Wake up earlier and get moving! Researchers found that people who exercise first in the morning are more likely to stay with their routine. We know life gets busy and unplanned things happen. Therefore, morning exercise is a way to remain consistent. Not only does a morning workout boost metabolism, but it also helps clear your mind and increase focus and productivity.
2. Start (or ramp up) an exercise routine. September is the perfect time to reassess your current workout and exercise routine. Is there something you can do to improve your current level of physical strength and stamina? Mixing up the type of exercises you are doing is a good place to start. If your typical workout plan consists of weight training, consider ramping things up by adding cardio intervals. If cardio is your jam, challenge yourself to hit the weights. Regardless of where you are starting, take a baseline assessment so you can record your progress!
3. Live sober this September. Not only do the calories from alcohol add to your waistline, but they can also inhibit your willpower to make healthy food and lifestyle choices. Going sober in September is the perfect way to kick off your self-improvement journey. Do a quick google search, and you'll see that sober September is a movement sweeping the nation.
4. Eat more plants. A simple way to dive into your self-improvement journey is to eat more plant-based foods such as fruits, vegetables, beans, legumes, nuts, and seeds. Challenge yourself to include at least one cup of fruits AND vegetables at every meal and snack. Use a journal to record changes you notice in energy, sleep, bowel movements, cravings, skin, mental clarity, and performance. How could consuming more plants change the way you think, feel, and live?
5. Expand your practice of mindfulness with food, movement, and life. Use mindfulness to reconnect with yourself and understand the nutrition, energy, taste, flavor, activity, and rest your body needs to thrive. By slowing down and tuning out external distractions, you're re-teaching your body how to listen and honor what it needs for optimal health and prosperity. Meditation helps facilitate mindfulness by centering your attention. When you clear your mind of external distractions and stressors, you can return to a state of calmness and focused thinking.
6. Take up a new hobby, sign up for a class, or enroll in a workshop. Exploring new hobbies and skills can give you something exciting to anticipate. With the abundance of online training resources, there is no reason you cannot begin those piano or art classes you've always dreamed of taking! Bosch Nutrition offers online HEAL nutrition and lifestyle classes. Enroll today by contacting our office at 541-844-7489.
7. Seek the expertise and guidance of a professional who can help you on your journey. As you embark upon the journey of self-improvement, remember you don't have to go it alone! Don't be afraid to ask for help, reach out to family and friends for support.
8. Step out of your comfort zone often! One sure way to guarantee you will never grow stagnant or get bored is to force yourself to step out of your comfort zone frequently. The word 'force' was used because it is human nature to resist stepping into new territory and doing the unknown. However, to grow and evolve into the best version of yourself, you cannot be afraid of change. Changing up your routine and stepping into the uncomfortable is one of the best ways to improve yourself!
Copyright © 2021 Customized Nutrition Newsletters
www.customizednutritionnewsletters.com All rights reserved.